Q: Why should I hire a Realtor to sell my house?
A: There are several reasons you should always hire a realtor to sell your house.
- Avoid risk of financial and legal liability that comes with selling your house.
- Marketing your house for maximum exposure nets you more money from the sale.
- A real estate transaction entails many different elements, and it will demand a lot of time to consummate. (i.e. home inspections, appraisal repairs, negotiating price, real estate disclosures, scheduling showings, opening escrow, and much much more)
- There is more paperwork and disclosures involved now to sell your house than ever before.
- According to the National Association of Realtors’ 2013 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, the average FSBO (For Sale By Owner) sales price was $174,900, while the average price for a home represented by a real estate agent was $215,000, a difference of $40,100.
Q: How much do I have to pay a realtor to sell my house?
A: That all depends on which realtor you choose to sell your house. Some charge 6% others 5% of the total sales price of your house. ( i.e. Sales Price: $200,000 X 6% = $12,000 )
Q: What does a realtor do for me in exchange for the compensation I will pay him/her to sell my house?
A: Again, that depends on which realtor you choose to sell your house. Some normal duties include; professional photography, list your house in the local MLS (Multiple Listing Service), install real estate for sale sign, market your house online and print marketing, advise on staging your house, schedule showings for potential buyers, negotiate offers with potential buyers, prepare and get real estate disclosures signed by all parties, open escrow, deal with home inspectors, mortgage lenders, cooperating real estate brokers, and more.
Q: What is my house worth?
A: Most realtors will prepare a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) of your home. The CMA is an in-depth research of home sales used to help evaluate how your home will compare to others selling in your area. It looks at both homes currently listed and homes recently sold. The purpose is to find the highest price yet keep your home competitive with the others selling in your neighborhood.
Q: When is the best time to sell my house in Bakersfield?
A: Spring usually kicks off the busiest season for home-buying and selling in most areas. Home buyers are more likely to shop during this time of year for many reasons such as nicer weather, more daylight, and to get into a new house before the next school calendar starts.